Camelot: An Interactive Narrative Sandbox Tool
Camelot is a customizable engine for building simple 3D adventure games for use in interactive narrative research. The game is controlled by simple, human-readable text commands sent over standard input, allowing a Camelot game to be controlled by almost any programming language.
The current version of Camelot is version 1.2.
- Version 1.1 was released in July 2020
- Version 1.0 was released in January 2020
- Version 0.3 was the first public build released for the 2019 CamJam event.
- Version 0.2 was the first public source release.
- Version 0.1 was the first internal prototype.
When possible, we prefer that everyone use the first publication below when citing Camelot.
- Camelot: a modular customizable sandbox for visualizing interactive narratives. In Proceedings of the 12th Intelligent Narrative Technologies workshop at the 16th AAAI international conference on Artificial Intelligence and Interactive Digital Entertainment, 2020. (forthcoming).
- Playable experiences at AIIDE 2018. In Proceedings of the 14th AAAI international conference on Artificial Intelligence and Interactive Digital Entertainment, pp. 275-280, 2018..