Reasons to Pursue your Graduate Degree in Computer Science at UK
- International experts who are famous in cutting-edge research fields – Our department’s particular areas of research include Networking, Distributed Systems, Visualization, Imagery, Artificial Intelligence, Decision-Making, Data Mining, Bioinformatics, Cryptography, Computational Science, Scientific Computing, Numerical Analysis, and Software Engineering. Learn more about specific research projects here.
- World-class, environmentally friendly facilities – In August of 2011, the department’s new Davis Marksbury building was opened. The facility boasts LEED Gold Certification, making it the first building at UK to receive a LEED certification. LEED, Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, is the USGBC's leading rating system for designing and constructing the world's greenest, most energy efficient and high performing buildings.
Among the many research centers within the department is the UK Center for Visualization and Virtual Environments (the VisCenter). The VisCenter seeks to create new ways of seeing to help us interpret our world. Read more about the VisCenter here.
- “Just right” department size that affords close relationships with faculty, advisors, and fellow students – The department has 25 faculty members and a large support staff. Meet each member of our department here.
- Excellent funding opportunities – 81% of students have funding when they arrive. Find degree and financial aid information here.
- Successful alumni – Work on cool projects, at excellent companies, and earn great salaries. See some of the cool things that UK CS alumni are doing!
Write to email@example.com to request more information.